Honey Lime Summer Corn Salsa
This month's MISSBISH #MISSDISH is a bright and zesty recipe to enjoy some of summer's best produce!! It can be enjoyed with chips as a dip, or eaten as a summer salad. Golden brown kernels of corn come together with tomatoes, creamy avocado, red onion for bite, black beans, and tons of fresh cilantro in minutes, and are tossed with the most amazing Honey Lime Vinaigrette. This combo is seriously delicious - the combination of lime juice, earthy, warm cumin, honey, and extra virgin olive oil is the absolute perfect way to bind these ingredients together. The best part is that the flavor of the dip gets better as it sits - so it's great to have out during an event, or to make ahead for lunch! Let's get cookin!
Ingredients You Need:
- 2 1/2 cups corn (4 ears of fresh corn, or 2 - 15 oz. cans)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup drained black beans
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Tons of fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp butter (or coconut oil) for cooking corn
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- optional: red pepper flakes, cayenne, etc.
Honey Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ~2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a non-stick skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Add the corn, and season liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. If you like heat, add some red pepper flakes or cayenne. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the corn is nicely browned and toasty!
- Combine all the ingredients for the salsa together in a large bowl!
- Prepare the Honey Lime Vinaigrette by combining 1/3 cup lime juice, 2 tbsp honey, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin, and about 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil. The easiest way to do this is to put it in a mason jar, screw on the lid, and shake away. Or, you can whisk it together like I did :) This is a fantastic salad dressing as well!
- Mix the veggies with the dressing to create the finished salsa. Taste for seasoning, of course :) Dump this in the fridge for best results, and don't forget to stir it up before serving! SO EASY!
The flavor of this dip is robust, earthy, and super satisfying. The Honey Lime Vinaigrette brings a real punch to the mix, and makes this a great addition to your party appetizers. I was seriously spooning this down, haha :) There are so many different flavors and textures, and eating it with salty, crispy corn chips makes everything even tastier. Let me know if you give this a try!
For the past 2 years, I've been waiting for the handle @brokeandcooking to free up on IG...and it's finally mine! Haha it may seem silly, but it definitely made my day. Now you can tweet and tag me at @brokeandcooking on Twitter and IG :) Snap a pic of what you made and #brokeandcooking!!