Hot Caprese Dip
Summer is approaching, and that means tons of entertaining - whether it be throwing a bbq, attending a party, or having last minute, drop-in guests over. This is a delicious three (YES, THREE) ingredient dip that is quick, easy, and oozing with flavor.
Serve it with a variety of dipping vessels. I like Stacy’s Pita Chips, especially the Simply Naked Pita Chips. They are baked to perfection, Non-GMO, and are also Kosher. I also suggest Diamond Almond Nut Thins. They’re light and crispy, and Gluten Free! They pair perfectly with the creaminess of the mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, and slight peppery flavor of the basil.
What You Need:
- 10 oz fresh mozzarella (also great to mix in other cheeses, as mozzarella stiffens up quickly)
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes
- 10 sprigs fresh basil
- Salt & Pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Cube the mozz into about 1" cubes.
- Wash and dice the Roma tomatoes with a serrated knife. The serrated edge allows the knife to penetrate the tomatoes’ skin quickly and with a minimum of pressure without crushing the flesh. See my photo above. After you’ve diced your tomatoes, remove the seeds and as much juice as you can. You want to make sure to remove as much moisture from them as possible to avoid a runny dip.
- Roughly chop the basil into large bite-sized pieces.
- Dump it all in an oven-safe dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake it at 375F for 15-20 minutes, and then broil it for 2 minutes so the cheese becomes bubbly and golden. Serve immediately with bread, Stacy’s Pita Chips, Diamond Nut Thins, or other crackers. This dip is really versatile - experiment with different chips, crackers, bread, even veggies! :)