Ok, so I'm never buying store-bought hummus again! I've always heard about how easy it is to make your own hummus at home, but haven't ever given it a try. I recently got a blender during a pretty epic White Elephant, and have been so excited to blend everything. This recipe for hummus is super simple - bright and lemony, and ready to enjoy with carrots, pita, whatever you like. Watch the recipe video below and get blending :)
Ingredients You Need:
- 3 cups drained chickpeas
- 3 tbsp water (or more if needed)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 4-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (as needed)
- optional: 4 tbsp hemp seeds - ground (packed with nutrition, including amino acids and high-quality protein)
- paprika, red pepper, or chopped parsley for garnish
- If you're adding in the optional hemp seeds for a boost of nutrition, pulse 4 tbsp hemp seeds in a spice grinder or food processor.
- To make the hummus, combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until thoroughly mixed and smooth. I like to start with about 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and add more as needed.
- If your hummus is a bit thick, add a bit more water or lemon juice. Check for taste and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish the hummus with some paprika and chopped fresh parsley, and get dipping!