Grilled Cheese Tacos
There's nothing like a classic grilled cheese. And I think we can all agree that we've been waiting on a taco emoji since forever. So what happens when you combine the two? Pure heaven. This week's recipe for Grilled Cheese Tacos is an incredibly easy way to appease your biggest junk food craving in minutes. Toss together some fresh pico de gallo and slice up some creamy avocado to top it all off. These tacos are perfectly warm and gooey, salty and savory; and the pico adds a nice fresh punch. Let's get cookin :)
What You Need:
For the Pico de Gallo:
- 2 medium roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 small jalapeño
- freshly squeezed lime juice to taste
- 1 medium clove garlic
- Kosher salt to taste
- fresh cilantro
For the tacos:
- 1 package Halloumi cheese, cut into 1/2" slices
- corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado
What To Do:
- Seed and dice the tomatoes and jalapeño. Dice 1/2 white onion and 1 clove of garlic. Toss together in a bowl with a few squeezes of lime juice. Season to taste with Kosher salt.
- Prepare your avocado by removing the pit and slicing the avocado. Season with salt and pepper and place aside.
- Toast the tortillas over an open flame or in a low-heat skillet until warmed and pliable.
- Heat a skillet or grill over medium-high heat. You can drizzle a bit of evoo in the pan if you wish. Sear the Halloumi until the outside gets nice and crispy...perfectly golden brown. Try to only flip the cheese once!
- Serve these tacos immediately by placing the grilled cheese on a corn tortilla, topping with pico de gallo, avocado, and fresh cilantro. Serve with a wedge of lime!
Grilled Halloumi is so delicious. I love the way it crisps up on the edges and retains its shape. The saltiness is perfectly paired with the avocado and pico de gallo. These tacos are so quick to put together that there's really no excuse not to :)
If you've cooked any recipes from the blog, I'd love to hear about it! Snap a pic and tag #brokeandcooking :)