Matcha Chia Pudding
I live for simple recipes. Being able to throw a few ingredients together to create something special and tasty is my type of cooking, haha. Chia pudding is so incredibly easy to make, and its versatility makes it even more appealing. Check out my Raspberry and Mint Chocolate Chia Pudding recipes! My favorite version of this pudding is plain chocolate (so awesome with bananas), but you can add virtually any flavor to plain chia pudding to use seasonal fruit, or satisfy your cravings. Mangoes are coming into season, and can't wait to enjoy some juicy, sweet mango pudding.
Matcha powder is a fine, velvety powder made from high grade green tea leaves. Matcha contains 137 times more antioxidants than green tea, and the flavor shifts from grassy to sweet. Matcha pairs beautifully with dark chocolate, almond, white chocolate, and raspberry. Adding matcha powder to your traditional chia pudding livens it up, bringing a wonderful earthiness to this breakfast/dessert. Watch the video below and let's get cookin!
- 1 cup milk (hemp, almond, rice, cow, cashew)
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) chia seeds
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- honey or agave syrup for sweetening
- Seasonal fruit
- Coconut flakes, coconut cream
- Cocoa nibs, shaved chocolate
- Hemp hearts
- Granola, etc.
- Mix the chia seeds, matcha, milk, and your choice of sweetener until throughly combined. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve with fresh fruit, coconut cream, hemp hearts, or cocoa nibs!