Edible Mint Lip Scrub
Summer is just around the corner! Warmer weather often means showing off a little more skin, and I’ve got the perfect homemade lip/body scrub that will have your skin glowing. It’s entirely organic and better yet, totally edible :) Using my basic recipe for a skin scrub, you can customize it to your scent/flavor preferences! I love peppermint because of its effervescence, but vanilla, lavender, almond, coconut, lemon, orange, raspberry, strawberry, and even pumpkin pie extracts would be amazing in this scrub! It’s fun to whip up homemade treatments for your skin because it leaves out all the chemicals found in store bought products. Your skin is your largest organ, and whatever you put on it is easily absorbed into your system. My skin is extremely sensitive so I love finding new ways to DIY with natural ingredients.
What You Need:
- 1 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sugar in the raw, brown or white sugar
- Mint extract or extract of your choice (almond, vanilla, strawberry..)
- 1 tsp honey
- Airtight container / spoon
- This recipe/tutorial is super easy! All you need to do is mix all the ingredients up and make sure they’re evenly incorporated. I found these super cute jars at Ichi Ban Kan for $1.88! It’s best to keep this in an airtight container, though. :)
- If your coconut oil is solid, heat it on super low heat in a saucepan.
- Mix together equal parts sugar and oil.
- Drizzle in 1 tsp of honey.
- Add a few drops of your chosen food extract.
- If you had to heat up your oil, allow this mixture to sit and re-solidify again before jarring it up. As you could see, I couldn’t wait :P
That’s it! You have a super simple edible, organic lip or body scrub. Totally easy to double the recipe for more if you’re using it on your whole bod. You’ll have super soft lippies and smooth skin in no time - plus it smells great :) Or make some for a girlfriend in her favorite scent and you have a super thoughtful and cheap gift :) Hope you’re all having a great week!
Have you cooked any #BrokeAndCooking recipes? I’d love to hear from you about your experience! Take a pic and tag #BrokeAndCooking / @bac_blog / @stephaniejung! I appreciate you guys so much :D xoxo