Hemp Crusted Chicken Tenders
I've teamed up with With Hemp, a company which specializes in spreading awareness about hemp through new media, and distributing high quality hemp goods online and offline. If you haven't ever tried hemp seeds, I urge you to give it a try! No, we're not talking weed, and these chicken tenders won't get you high :P
Hemp seeds are incredibly nutritious –– containing all 9 essential amino acids, rich in protein, trace minerals, and dietary fiber among other benefits. On top of that, hemp seeds are super versatile and easy to cook with. You can toss them into almost anything! Stir-fries, smoothie bowls, pastas, or even in your morning yogurt.
Today I'm sharing a really fun way to get hemp seeds into your families' diet. I am never one to turn down a chicken tender. Seasoned almond flour and hemp seeds are the perfect crust for baked chicken tenders - they turn out deliciously crisp on the outside and are great for dipping. Watch the video recipe below and let's get cookin :)
Ingredients You Need:
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chipotle or cayenne
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs, whisked and seasoned with salt
- 1-2 lbs chicken tenders or chicken cut into strips
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Combine 1/2 cup almond meal, 1/2 cup hemp seeds, salt, pepper, cayenne or chipotle, and garlic powder. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Whisk together 2 eggs and season with salt. Pour into another shallow dish.
- Set up your dipping stations! First eggs, then hemp mixture, then parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Dip each chicken strip into the egg, coating it completely. Then dip the chicken strip into the hemp mixture, ensuring that the entire strip gets coated. Place each strip onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spray the chicken strips with cooking spray, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 400ºF.
- Eat em with your fav dip! Mine is ketchup mixed with tons of black pepper :)
Hope you give these a try! They're so yummy and easy to make. Not to mention super guilt-free, since the breading is made of wholesome ingredients :)