Rice Krispie Treats
This classic snack is my go-to for potlucks, last minute parties, or easy, delicious gifts. These are the perfect solution for when you're in a jam and need something that's a little more special than picking up something in the supermarket bakery. It takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, and tastes so much better than the store-bought Rice Krispie Treats. These babies are light and fluffy, buttery and perfectly sweet and salty. And with Valentine's Day coming up, these are a fun little dessert to make for bae :) Let's get cookin!
What You Need:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal, or any of your favorite cereal :)
- 10 oz jumbo marshmallows (1 bag)
- 3 tbsp butter
- A few pinches of salt
- Food coloring, candy, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, sprinkles for decorating :)
- Some of my favorite combos: Cocoa Rice Krispies x chopped Andes Mint Chocolate on top, Cocoa Rice Krispies x a few drops of mint extract, Strawberry marshmallows x Rice Krispies, PB Rice Krispies
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tbsp butter over low heat. Once the butter starts to melt, add 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows. Stir to incorporate, and watch as the marshmallows gently melt! Add a few pinches of salt to really make the flavor pop. I like to really let the marshmallow get nice and toasty (careful not to burn it) for more depth of flavor.
- Add 6 cups Rice Krispies (or your favorite) cereal into the saucepan. Stir until the cereal is well coated in marshmallow!
- Use a buttered spatula (or your hands) to press the mixture into a wax paper or plastic wrap covered pan. I like to cover the top with plastic wrap and use my hands to press the Rice Krispies into an even layer. Let cool and cut into squares! :)
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat 3 tbsp butter and 1 bag jumbo marshmallows for 2-3 minutes, until melted. Stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal until combined.
It'd be fun to top these with your favorite candy, or stir in mini marshmallows or chocolate chips to make these even more decadent. If you'd like to color the Rice Krispies, add a few drops of food coloring into the melted butter/marshmallow mixture before adding in the cereal.
These make great little gifts for your loved ones. You can wrap them in cute packaging for a nice thoughtful little gift. Me personally? I kinda just eat them straight out of the pan.
Enjoy, and I hope you're having a great week. If you or your friends have tried any recipes from the blog, I'd love to hear from you! What are your favorite things to cook, or what would you like me to feature next? :)