Raspberry Cream Cheese Cinnamon Crescents
Surprise Mom with these delicious pastries that are completely customizable and easy for little ones to make! No need to mess around with puff pastry - crescent roll dough make these treats super accessible. I thought that the slight tang of raspberry jam would pair nicely with sweetened cream cheese, but you can use anything you wish! Apple pie filling, ripe peaches, strawberry preserves, chocolate, or even go the savory route and pair regular cream cheese with salsa and jalapeños.
You can use this recipe as a guide. Your pastries can be as many layers as you want. I used 2 cans of crescent roll dough, splitting each can’s dough in half for each layer (4 layers). Feel free to use as many as you want :) Let's get baking :)
What You Need:
- 2 (8 oz) cans crescent roll dough
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6-8 oz raspberry jam or your choice of filling
- Non-stick cooking spray or butter
What To Do:
- Lightly spray a 9x13 pan or Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Roll out one can of crescent rolls - I broke the dough in half along the provided perforated line and used ½ of the sheet for each layer. Make sure to gently nudge and flatten the edges of the dough so it lays flat and covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cream together the cream cheese and about ¼ cup of the sugar. I also used some brown sugar.
- Spread this mixture over the crescent dough. An offset spatula is extremely helpful in this case if your pan has high walls! :)
- Spread your fruit spread in a nice even layer over the cream cheese.
- Lay a second layer of crescent dough over this mixture. If you want to stop here, mix the remaining sugar with this cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- I continued and did one more layer or cream cheese/raspberry jam, and then covered it all with a last layer of dough. Give it a spritz of cooking spray or butter. Cover the top of your creation with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes. When it’s finished, let it set for 15 minutes before slicing and serving :)
These are flakey, creamy, sweet, and tangy. They’re indulgent and definitely perfect for a special occasion like Mother’s Day! I hope you all enjoy your weekend with the special ladies in your life. xoxo