Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower Crisps
Finding healthier alternatives to snack food is easier than you think! Cauliflower has always been one of my favorite vegetables, (have you ever had cauliflower mash?!) but recently, I've been using it in tons of different ways that definitely makes it something I crave. Its versatility is pretty remarkable - have you tried cauliflower crust? Curried cauli, cauli rice, sautéed cauli, cauliflower fritters, creamy cauliflower soup.. mmm :)
The flavor of cauliflower is mild, and a bit sweet and creamy - it acts as a canvas for whatever . Roasting this veg is glorious, and let's face it; everything is better with cheese! This recipe is for a really delicious and addicting snack that is as simple as slicing florets of cauli, roasting them for 15-20 minutes, and then adding tons of cheese and fresh parsley. Baking grated Parmesan turns the warm, nutty cheese into salty crisps. These Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower Crisps taste like one of my favorite indulgences - chips. The tender roasted cauliflower is perfectly seasoned, and the baked cheese gives them a nice crust. I could easily polish off a tray of these yummy cauliflower crisps :) Let's get cookin!
Ingredients You Need:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp melted butter + 1 tbsp olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Italian seasoning
- About 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven/toaster oven to 400ºF / 200ºC.
- Quarter the head of cauliflower, and remove the central stem. The florets should fall apart naturally. Slice the florets into 1/4" thick pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (they will stick to foil).
- You can toss the cauliflower in the butter, oil, salt, and Italian seasoning, or brush each piece with a bit of butter + oil, then season with salt and Italian seasoning. I like to brush the cauliflower instead of toss them, since they're a delicate veg!
- Roast the cauliflower for 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender, at 400ºF / 200ºC. The edges will be nice and toasty!
- Sprinkle tons of grated Parmesan cheese over the top of each piece of cauliflower - don't worry about the cheese that doesn't fall on top! They bake up into crispy little morsels of heaven. Sprinkle chopped parsley, and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts and becomes golden brown.
- Eat them while they're warm!! :)
*crying face emoji* They seriously taste like Doritos, which makes me so incredibly happy to gobble them up with zero guilt. They're deliciously salty, crisp, and full-flavored thanks to roasting the cauliflower. Finishing them off with fresh parsley brightens all the flavors; its mild bitterness adds the balance that the salty cauli needs. I hope you try these! They are really, really tasty and super easy to make!!