Toaster Oven Crack Almonds (Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Almonds!!)
These almonds are crack. This month's @MISSBISH #MISSDISH are crunchy, cinnamon-sugar roasted nuts that are so comforting and delicious! I've been poppin em in my mouth all day :) They're easy to make - simply toss them in fluffy egg whites and a mixture of sugar, cinnamon, brown sugar, and a dash of salt and throw them in the oven. What's even better about this recipe is that you can make them in a toaster oven just like I did! I don't have an oven in my apartment here in Hong Kong, and these babies were easy enough to slow roast in my handy toaster oven. You can use this recipe with your favorite nuts - they're super addicting and make for great gifts! Let's get roasting!
What You Need:
- 2 cups raw, unsalted almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet or the tray of the toaster oven with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 egg white until frothy.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. You can get creative with it and add some cayenne pepper if you want a little kick!
- In a large bowl, combine the raw almonds with the frothy egg white/vanilla extract mixture. Toss to coat.
- Add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the moistened nuts. Toss until all the almonds are well coated!
- Pour the almonds onto the baking sheet and spread them out into an even layer.
- Bake them at 300F for 1 hour. I like to use a fork to shift them around halfway thru the baking time to ensure even roasting! Your house will smell amazinggg!
The smell of warm roasted cinnamon will fill your home and remind you of the holidays. Roasting nuts brings out so much of their natural flavor, and the crispy, crackly cinnamon sugar crust is so addicting.
Keep them in an airtight container...if they last that long :) These nuts are great for last minute gifts or entertaining! I like throwing them into baggies for snacks on the go, on top of salads, or even as a nice crunch with my oatmeal. I love how easy these are - anything you can make in a toaster oven is a winner to me :) Hope you're having a great week! xoxo