The One Minute, Single Serving Brownie
Valentine's Day is just around the corner! Whether you like to celebrate or not, I think we can all agree on one thing - chocolate. Mug Brownies are hugely popular on Pinterest, so I decided to see if it was actually as good as everyone makes them seem. Turns out, you can have a warm, fudgy, single serve brownie in a minute! This recipe is as simple as whisking together a few ingredients and then microwaving them for about a minute in a mug. You can customize your brownie off of this base recipe - add chocolate chips, caramel, ice cream, whipped cream... even chili powder :)
Here are a few other great recipes that are perfect for Valentine's Day:
I also have a bunch of free printable Valentine's Day Cards available here, for those of you who are keepin it real #brokeandcooking :) They're available on the Freebies page! If you print some cards for your Valentine, let me know! I love to hear from you guys :)
Let's get cookin!
Watch the video recipe:
What You Need:
- 1 mug!
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp water
- dash of salt
- optional: 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: toppings like ice cream, chocolate sauce, caramel, chocolate chips, mint extract, chili powder, whipped cream, etc
What To Do:
- Microwave 2 tbsp butter for about 15 seconds, or until melted.
- Whisk together 4 tbsp flour, 4 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, and a dash of salt. Try to get out as many of the lumps as possible!
- Combine the cocoa mixture, melted butter, 2 tbsp water, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract in the mug. Whisk it all together!
- All microwaves will vary in power and temperature, but the brownie should set in about 60-80 seconds. I like to microwave the brownie in 30 second increments so that the brownie doesn't explode. Once the first 30 seconds are done, I like to sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of the semi-set brownie :)
- The brownie should be set in 60-80 seconds, depending on your microwave. That's it! Serve ala mode, and enjoy while warm :)
A warm, gooey brownie in about a minute! I love how easy and fail-proof this is...seriously, you can't mess it up. Hope you all have a great week!! If you've tried any recipes from the blog, snap a pic and let me know! Tag #brokeandcooking on twitter or instagram :) xoxo