Bacon Wrapped Peaches
Ok, I think we can all agree that everything...everything is better with bacon. Crisp, salty, fatty delicious bacon. BBQ season is here and grilling fruit is definitely one of my favorite ways to celebrate summer. The caramelization of the fruit is really delicious with the flavor of the bacon, and adding a simple reduced balsamic vinegar makes this the easiest appetizer ever. Finish the peaches off with fresh sprigs of mint for a flavor explosion in your mouth. Serious good eats. Watch my newest video recipe below! :) Let's get cookin!
What You Need:
- 2 (or more) ripe peaches (both white or yellow peaches work)
- 1 pack of bacon (I used regular thickness, Hickory smoked bacon)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh mint
- Maldon salt
- Honey or maple syrup
- Red pepper flakes
What To Do:
- For Grilling: fire up the grill to medium heat.
- Wash and slice each peach into 8 slices.
- Wrap each peach slice in a piece of bacon.
- Grill or pan-fry each bacon wrapped peach over medium-high heat until bacon is crisp and cooked through.
- Optional ideas: sprinkle each peach with Maldon salt, maple syrup, or even red pepper flakes or Sriracha.
- Drain the peaches on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve them with greens for a nice low-carb salad, or as appetizers.
- Reduce some balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat until it cooks down to a thick glaze. Drizzle over the peaches and garnish with mint.
Grilling the beautiful stone fruit brings out the natural sugars in the peaches, which is really delicious with the saltiness of the bacon. These appetizers taste like summer. Juicy, ripe peaches and bright, refreshing mint are fantastic for the warm weather. Plus, how easy are these to make?! :) Hope you have a great week! xoxo
If you've tried any recipes from the blog, I'd love to hear from you! Tweet me at @bac_blog or tag me on Instagram @_brokeandcooking / #brokeandcooking! :)