Hazelnut Chocolate Banana Smoothies
Smoothies and summertime go together like...chocolate and bananas :) Today's crazy easy recipe is for a refreshing smoothie that tastes like dessert but is healthy enough for breakfast on the go.
Nutiva is one of my favorite organic plant-food companies. Their products are well-priced, delicious, and their brand is transparent. Recently, Nutiva sent me some samples of their new Organic Hazelnut Spread, which comes in Classic and Dark flavors. Despite the rich, decadent flavor, it contains 40% less sugar than the leading brand, and comes in jars or packets for on-the-go snacking! I love the individual packaging because they're so easy to use and help with portion control. On top of all that, they're gluten free and vegan :)
Today I decided to whip up some smoothies - all you need to do is blend your favorite milk, some ice, a banana, and some Nutiva Organic Hazelnut Spread together and you're in smoothie heaven. Add in some chia, honey, other fresh fruit, or chopped chocolate to make it extra decadent. Let's get blending :)
Ingredients You Need:
- 1 cup milk (almond, rice, soy, cow)
- 3/4 cup ice, or more if you desire
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- optional: drizzle of honey, coconut, peanut butter, other fruit, chocolate shavings, etc.
- Blend together 1 banana, 2 tbsp hazelnut spread, 3/4 cup ice, 1 cup milk, drizzle of honey until smooth and frothy. Serve cold and sip!
Hope you enjoyed this super simple recipe! :)