Cinco De Mayo is just around the corner, and that got me thinking about a ton of fun recipes for this weekend! Colorful, fresh ingredients make for delicious and vibrant looking meals.
Trader Joe’s has a great Cilantro Lime dressing that is super tasty…but take one look at the nutrition facts and it’ll make you put it back on the shelf. How to get around this problem? Make it at home!
My original intention for this vinaigrette was for crispy fish tacos (that’s up next!)…but it turned out so tasty that I've been dipping everything in it. Yum. Here we go! Super easy :)
What You Need:
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2-3 juicy limes)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- About ½ cup canola oil (you might use less)
- ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro, stems removed
What To Do:
- In the jar of your blender, combine the lime juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, and sugar. Blend them until they are completely combined. Slowly stream the oil in and blend. Add cilantro and continue to blend until the cilantro has broken down but still maintains some of its texture.
Serve this over fish tacos, over a salad, use it as a marinade..dip for chips, anything! It is wonderfully fresh tasting, with a kick from the vinegar and garlic. It’s great to make dressings like this at home - you end up cutting out all the bad stuff that is used to preserve the dressing for store shelves!
Ready for my fish taco recipe? :)